Re: Volvo and Jensen

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Volvo and Jensen
From: LUCE@KRDC.INT.ALCAN.CA
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 15:07:24 -0500 (EST)
marrone@optilink.dsccc.com (Frank Marrone) wrote

> Does anybody know if there is a connection between Jensen motors
> and volvo or volvo 1800 engine and english cars/mfgs?

Jensen Motors of West Bromwich made the bodies for the P1800.  The early
shells were made from stampings produced elsewhere in England, I'm not sure
whether Jensen ever produced the sheet metal stampings themselves later on.
AFAIK, Jensen never used the Volvo engine for any of their own auto's.
Other English mfgs? I don't know, I'm strictly a Jensen / Lotus nut.
Cheers,
Bomber