Sunbeam Alpine for Sale (free?)

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Sunbeam Alpine for Sale (free?)
From: DCCOFFIN@ecuvm.cis.ecu.edu
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 94 08:30:04 EST
Folks,

This weekend I went to look at a basket case Sunbeam Alpine.  The
lady who has it for sale would like to get it out of her garage.  It
seems that her husband died while in the middle of the restoration
project (m.h.s.r.i.p.) and now she's stuck with the mess.

I've decided not to pursue this project, but I'm sure there's a LBC
lover who would like to get their hands on this one.  Here's the deal:

*The car is in New Bern, NC.

*The body is in decent shape, with the usual minimal rust in
the floor boards.  Otherwise it is in very good  shape for a car
that has been neglected.

*The LF fender needs to be repaired in the headlight area.

* There are enough parts for three engines (blocks/heads/cranks/etc), but
all are disassembled.  Three transmissions too.

* The chassis is complete, all suspension there, and a hardtop!

Basically, the man had enough parts to build two cars, but only had
one good body.  He junked a Tiger for some of the spare parts :-(

If anyone is interested in taking the whole shooting match, the lady
will probably give it away.  Please, no "vultures" looking for a
couple of parts.  This lady would like to see someone restore the
car (husband's dream...).

I don't have the time to do the restoration, because I'm too busy with
the race car.  Has potential though.

Contact me if you're interested.

  _______       Mark Coffin
 /_______›P     Assistant Professor, School of Business, ECU
|00==v==00|     #14 ITC VW Scirocco
[ ]-----[ ]     Central Carolinas Region SCCA

Bitnet: DCCOFFIN@ECUVM1
Internet: DCCOFFIN@ECUVM.CIS.ECU.EDU
Fax: (919) 328-6664

"All men can see the tactics wherby I conquer, but what none can see
is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."  Sun Tzu, 500 B.C.