Healey Electronic Ignition

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Electronic Ignition
From: Wmrunner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 1994 10:38:02 -0500
Wmrunner@aol.com/Bill Ruof said;

msayer@efn.org said,

>What's his name and where did he get it,

Wmrunner responding;

His name is:
Leo Ruof
4511 Rosemont Place
Columbus, OH
(614) 261-6252

Leo has been manufacturing GM electronic ignitions for friends and folks in
Central Ohio for a couple years.  He's a big Healey expert but has been
making Spridget, B and Triumph units.  There's a lot of interest from people
that drive their cars on a daily basis.  Quite a few "traditionalists" have
gotten units too.  I guess the fact that you can have all the benefits of an
electronic ignititon and then just swap out the distributor when you want to
be "pure" has a lot of appeal.

I'm surprised you haven't crossed paths.  Leo is a principle source for used
Healey parts in Central Ohio.  If he doesn't have what you need he can tell
you who does.  He also sells some custom manifolds, NOS bits and
remanufactured overdrives to help finance his various projects.  He does
repairs, restorations and <GASP!> modifications.  I'm a bit of a
traditionalist myself but have to admit that the nitrous oxide
kits/installations he does are pretty incredible.  His MAG wheel/low profile
pirelli P7 setup and his Mikuni tri carb system are impressive too.

Surely you've at least heard rumors about the guy that has a basement that is
completely filled with 100-6/3000 mufflers (the price was right, the exchange
rate was good and there was all that unused space in the basement - must be
genetic)?