Re: References for Nisongers

To: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Subject: Re: References for Nisongers
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 10:33:36 -0500 (EST)
I had a speedometer repaired by Nisongers.  They had a fixed price for
overhaul of the unit.  They did no cosmetic restoration; the returned unit
looked as it did when I sent it, except it worked.  I don't think the
speedo needed any cosmetics, so I was happy.  The question is, would they
have done a cosmetic restoration of the face or housing if it had needed
it, or was the fixed price only for mechanical overhaul?  The subject just
never came up, but you want to make sure they know the scope of the work
you want.

I thought the cost was reasonable, and service was quick.  I have heard
good things, none bad.  But if you want consmetic restoration, make sure
they know it, and make sure you have heard from someone who has had
cosmetic work done by them.  It is one thing to make an instrument work,
another to make it work and win prizes.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910