The Sterling

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British Cars Network)
Subject: The Sterling
From: andrew@server.uwindsor.ca (Templer Andrew)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 94 9:14:29 EST
The Sterling is a great car suffering from the orphan syndrome in the
USA. No body knows what it is and it has more value as a Honda than a
Rover. This is the top model in the UK and very successful there.
Considered to offer the best of Honda reliability with Rover accoutrements.

British Car did a report on buying a used Sterling (maybe another SOL
knows when) - but within the last two years.  Said that it would make a
good vehicle - but be sure to buy a good one as service was likely to be
harder and harder to get.  Also, not worth buying unless heavily discounted!!

In Canada we couldn't get the Sterling, but I always admired it at the
Detroit Auto Show (British Car Area) until it was discontinued two years ago.

Andrew
                   Bus Admin, U of Windsor, Windsor. Ont. CANADA   N9B 3P4
Andrew Templer     Answerphone: 519-253-4232     Ext 3159
                   Telefax:     519-973-7073     EMAIL: templer@uwindsor.ca