overdrive switch for Triumph ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: overdrive switch for Triumph ?
From: John Upham <scsupham@reading.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 11:03:27 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
  My Volvo 244GL (sorry about this) has an overdrive switch in the gearknob
itself which has a sliding action. It no longer works. I've tried
switch cleaner etc. Volvo UK want \pounds 22 for a  new one !

I saw the same switch in a Triumph Dolomite and wondered how many more cars
have this same switch in it for when I go to the breakers yard.

Thanks for any help.

                               john upham

ps. I also have a TVR Vixen S3

John Upham, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Reading, Berks., RG6 2AD, UK.
Email: scsupham%reading.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet), scsupham@reading (JANET),
WWW URL:   http://www.chem.rdg.ac.uk/g50/mmrg/john/john.html
Voice: +44 734 875123 x7451 (day), Fax: +44 734 311601