re: Silocone II

To: BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU (Colin Brace)
Subject: re: Silocone II
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 94 9:35:14 PDT
>           Roland brings up a valid point. This was also the crux on my
>           previous "Armor All" posting (I THINK it was this list), which
>           really applies to any silicone based chemical. With enough
>           application, the silicone can actually impregnate itself into the
>           metal. This is in an automotive painting book I have, I can provide

Long time list members may recall an article I copied from a local
Shelby Club newsletter and posted to the list.  The article warned
against using silicone based sealers when installing windows in late
model cars.  Silicone causes some sort of problem when part of
the body strength is supplied by the windows; apparently this is the
case for many newer cars.  I've forgotten the details and I no longer
have the article handy.

Roland