Re: Down Draft Intake ?

To: fullepb@mail.auburn.edu (Phillip B Fuller)
Subject: Re: Down Draft Intake ?
From: tjhiggin@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 94 10:32:12 CDT
>       Hi,I'm looking for an intake for ( downdraft,single
> zenith ) Sunbeam Alpine series 5 , 1725 cc.  I've lot's of trouble with
> my Strombergs, and need a dependable ??  driver. I've been told this is
> my easiest move, I sure hope so !!  Any suggestions, tips, etc... are
> welcome.

Earlier series of Alpines (4? 3?) used SU carbs.  You might try
finding a pair of SUs.  They might even fit your current manifold.  If
you haven't already done so, call the folks at Sunbeam Specialties
(408-371-1642) and ask their advice.
--
T.J. Higgins     | tjhiggin@ingr.com         | (205) 730-7922
Intergraph Corp. | Mapping Sciences Division | Huntsville, AL, USA