re: '69 MGB ign. lite mystery ??

To: ad793@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: re: '69 MGB ign. lite mystery ??
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 1994 10:14:48 PDT
I'll risk potential embarrassment here and assume that your car has a
generator and external voltage regulator. If so, this sounds to me
exactly like a situation I ran into years ago with a friend's Mk.3
Spitfire. Turned out the light stayed on because the voltage reg. contact
had "welded" itself solid, providing a constant current flow. This kept
the IGN light on and, not surprisingly, drained the battery over a
not-so-lengthy period of time.

Of course, I have seen a similar sort of stubbornly independent IGN light
on alternator-equipped Spits as well, so....

Andy Mace