valve guides & DCOEs (TR3)

To: thelaw@aloha.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: valve guides & DCOEs (TR3)
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 94 13:30:11 -0700
In message <Pine.3.89.9410200839.A18410-0100000@mango.aloha.com> The Law Book
Store writes:

>  The  valves `stuck.

I just delt with this problem on my MGBGT.  New phospher bronze valve guides
honed to spec.  Well spec is for iron guides which do not expand as much as
phospher bronze.  The phospher bronze expands & seizes the valve.  The trick is
to hone the phospher bronze guides out wider.  I think an extra .003" or so does
the trick.

> Nigel also has a matched pair of DCOE 32/36's,

????? The most common DCOE used on TR3s in the old days are DCOE42s.  I've seen
DOCE40s used on 83mm piston engines and DOE 45s built down to 42 spec on larger
street engines and 45s used on race TR engines.  But I'm not sure what you mean
by 32/36.  Could you please explain?

> Aloha.
>
>     Paul Swengler                        Providing Hawaii's Legal Community
>     The Law Book Store              with quality legal materials since 1990
>     Voice: 808-422-6322         New & Used Books, Anatomical Models, CD-Rom

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561