Re: Oil Drips

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Drips
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 16:56:05 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I was watching the tube the other night and I saw an advertising spot that
was quite funny (well, funny to anyone who owns a leaky lbc, that is.)

The commercial has this man standing in a parking lot. The lot is almost
empty, with some cars located around the periphery. Each of the parking
places (indicated by the lines) has a rather large newish oil spot that
is clearly FRESH. The announcer says: "Don't ignore these signs until it's
too late, get your car to AA*** (product/service name withheld). If you
fix it now, it will save you later on." Or some such.

The parking lot looked a lot like a place that might have just held an
old car meet!

Well, I thought it was funny.

rml

p.s. I think I'll go out and see how big the puddles are under my TR6 are!
However, I don't think I'll take the car to AA***!

Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |