RE- 11 year olds

To: "British Cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE- 11 year olds
From: "Rob Reilly" <reilly@admail>
Date: 18 Oct 1994 12:12:12 -0600
                       Subject:                               Time:7:35 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          RE: 11 year olds                       Date:10/18/94

Patrick wrote:
>Having said all that, I am in the midst of soul searching to answer the
question what heinous crime did I commit against my father in my formative
years when he owned first a Morris Oxford and later a Humber Hawk.

 In the book of Exodus it says the iniquity of the fathers shall be visited
upon the children.

 I know my sins. Once when I was about 14 years old I was jacking up the
front end of my dad's 1952 Morris Minor with one of those bumper jacks from
mom's '60 Ford, and I let go the jack handle carelessly and it flew up and
broke the windshield.

 Another time we were rebuilding that Morris engine and I overtorqued one of
the connecting rod nuts and stripped it a little bit, but I just left it and
didn't tell my dad. When we got it running again I was racing up and down the
driveway (still only 14, no drivers license) and that con rod let go. The
local BMC dealer couldn't order us another one, so what would have been my
first car went to the junkyard.  :-(

 So just as the Lord forgives all sinners who come to the throne of grace in
genuine repentance of their sins, so perhaps the ghosts of Lord Nuffield and
Leonard Lord grant forgiveness to teenaged boys who commit sins against their
cars.   ;-)