Things kids do...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Things kids do...
From: Mike Gigante <mg@cgl.citri.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 16:07:30 +1000
This wasn't me or my kids (hey they are only 3 and 1, what damage
could they do?? :-), but a *really* tragic thing happened a couple of
years ago at the annual bordertown motorkhana (social/competition
weekend for the Victorian and South Australian Sprite clubs, held at
Bordertown on (surprise) the state border b/n the 2 states.

Anyhow, 2 lovely concours bugeyes were there, one from Vic and one
from SA.  Dennis allowed Felicity Crombie to have a drive in his only
just finished 3 year ground-up restoration project bugeye (he spent 6
months just hand beating the metal bonnet). At the end of her run,
Felicity (then only 16 yrs old) ran into the back of Rob's bugeye at
about 5-10 mph.  Enough to dent the back of Rob's and put a crease
into Dennis' bonnet (at the wheel arch). This was the first outing for
Dennis' car!

Needless to say, Dennis was heartbroken, but he and Rob both decided
not to force Felicity to pay for the damage.

Mike