stereotypes: ADDENDUM

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: stereotypes: ADDENDUM
From: JVoelcker@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 07:26:35 -0400
On reading some more of 'em, guess I left out a few pieces . . . skip if
this-all seems too self-indulgent.

6'  215 lbs. (it's not fat, I have big bones; just wish they made more
clothes in "Fullback" size . . . ) Hair is greying rapidly but so far few
bald spots . . . the greyer it gets, the shorter I cut it.

Politics: I live in NYC, so again I'm a little off the average scale.
Registered Democrat, leery of the Christian right, mildly involved with Irish
& Irish American causes.

Car history: First car I personally ever owned was a '59 Minor convertible.
Never got it running, but it was the first of many. Figure I've owned about
25 cars all told, half Minors. Sold my concours Riley One-Point-Five to a guy
in Hawaii a couple of years back. Sold my '64 Pontiac GTO convertible
(rustfree but needed TOTAL restoration) at the height of the market 6 years
ago . . . it became the down payment on the apartment we now live in! Among
the list, a '67 Corvair 4-door (great car, up yours Ralph Nader); a VW
Scirocco (first series) and 2 Rabbits, one of which was the only car I ever
totalled (on SF's notorious O'Shaughnessy Street, which has 7 curves, 6 of
them banked, in a light foggy rain) and taught me always ALWAYS * A L W A Y S
* to wear seatbelts.

Music? Hmmm. Eclectic. We argue about music a lot. k.d. lang, LSJUMB, R.E.M.,
L7, the list gets too weird to contemplate.

Job? Industrial Engineer by training, worked as systems consultant, had own
software company (it failed; I'm a better editor than software salesperson),
then got into editing, worked for almost a dozen magazines since '85, now
moving into online & CD-ROM "new media" Still not making what I figure I
oughta be worth . . . but this is the 90s, is anyone?

John Voelcker
NYC & Saugerties, NY
(formerly of Palo Alto, SF, LA & London)