Re: stereo-types, TR3, MGBGT, LR news

To: cucc4@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stereo-types, TR3, MGBGT, LR news
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 94 11:15:20 -0700
In message <199410041653.AA25979@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu> Christopher Cougill writes:
>>      As for Stero-types, I'm a McIntosh man: tube power and pre, with
> a vinyl collection to match all others.  A few CD's, too...  No wonder
> I'm poor: TR6 parts and vacuum tubes keep my pockets empty.

Stero-types?? OK
Letsee, Microseki BL 91 turntable, Microsiki arm (sorry do not remember number),
Huge custom made speakers, one of which needs to have the wolfer replaced (Have
the replacement sitting in a box for the last year, but it doesn't matter at
this time).  A 14 year old sony genuine transistor reciever with one channel out
(see only need one speaker), 12 year old CD player whose CD tray needs help
retracting,  Cheap cassetter player/recorder (who needs top quality for a car
tape player (ever look at the specs of one?) purchased to record tapes for the
car back in the days when I had radio & cassette player in a car).  Wind up
gramaphone.

I plan to fix the speaker, replace reciever & CD player when all the British
cars are finished and I have extra money and time for the nonesentuals in life
(would you believe a coffin wired for stereo?).

Meanwhile, I got a status updaye on my TR3 bodywork (returned back to body shop
for some warrentee work).  With a lot of unwelding pulling and rewelding, they
have streached the door openings 1/4 inch and the doors now fit.  By replacing
the outer sill and locating the new ones correctly, the front wings now fit.

AT this point they need to restore the center part of the body to the condition
it was in when they got it (interior painted & undercoated), re-tweek the boot
lid (they did me a favour a while back & bent it to fit better without the
rubber seals in place).  When thats done plus a little extra I want them to do,
they will have the body trailered back to my house.  My engine and transmission
are ready to install, and everything that can be done in the engine bay before
the engine is installed is done.  If the weather holds, I just may have a drive
train installed in the once & future TR3A  by the end of Nov.

Meanwhile, the MGBGT is back on the road from its engine rebuild, and I've got
about 1K miles on the engine.  It had its share of teething problems (valves
trying to seize from Phospher-bronze guides set to iron guide clearences, bad
voltage regulator, battery, distributer poping out, burned fuel pump points
causing the pump to pump slowly (electral problems caused by 16 volts going
through system)).

Meanwhile the Land Rover transmission is still appart from breaking a layshaft
on the way back from the Portland All British car meet last month.  Gears are
good & a new layshaft is all thats needed.  The transmission is now being
reassembled.  Since the transmission is out, its time to deal with some
vandalism done to the Land Rover.  It looks like someone (I'm 99% sure who &
when) poured dirt down the crank case of my newly rebuilt engine.

Will it ever end?

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561