Re: Cars on BBC2

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars on BBC2
From: tpr@mfltd.co.uk (Tim Renouf)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 94 10:28:10 BST
Paul Garside wrote:
@
@ A good series on classic cars has just finished on Channel 4 over here and a
@ new one started on BBC2 last Sunday, featuring the Ford Zephyr/Zodiac. This

I went to the TR Drivers' Club TR day at the Gaydon Museum in May, and there
was a BBC Top Gear camera crew there (looking like they would rather be
somewhere else - the weather was not very good). They did a bit of film of
us driving our wedges and other Triumphs, so we might be on telly sometime
in this series of Top Gear. I am in the two-tone gold and rust TR7V8 second
from the front with my wife Jane in the passenger seat.

The camera crew also filmed the Austin Allegro group that was at the
museum the same day. Perhaps this footage (or is it millimetrage now they
use Hi-8?) will be used in the Allegro episode of "The Car's The Star" ?

Sorry if this is all a bit irrelevant to our non-UK listeners.

--
Tim Renouf     tpr@mfltd.co.uk    UK: (01635) 565375    US: 415-856-4161 x5375
Micro Focus Ltd, 26, West St, Newbury, Berks RG13 1JT.