MGB SPUTTERS AND DIES

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB SPUTTERS AND DIES
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 15:39:00 -0400
By now this thread should be knoted and cut, but, not
without my .02.  Vince suggests that the problem may be
the ignition module: loss of power, tach falls to zero
Say... that sounds just like my '85 Dodge.

RLANCASTER@ntia.doc.gov welcome aboard! Sorry I can't
contribute much to your problem.

pat@sbctri.sbc.com If you have the Haynes carb book, that is
all you should need to get the little carbies back together.
Perhaps visit with a frien who has not taken his/her carbs
apart. Follow the book, or RTFM. Make sure the jets will return
when the choke is released. Test this before hooking the choke
linkage up. I have had the rear jets stick down after application
of choke for starting.(Thanks, George)

Pschauss: Be prepared! The damage that appears on the uotside will
be nothing compared to what you will find one you cut into it! I
know. I have replaced the sills all the way through on my '74 BGT.

Alan