anti-theft...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: anti-theft...
From: creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 94 09:17:48 EST
     I have done that fuel pump cut-off switch thing. Works like a champ
     unless you keep forgetting to turn it bac on. Done that more times
     than I'd like to admit. The only problem is that a car thief doesn't
     know about the switch and therefore it offers no deterrent. I normally
     leave my car unlocked with the top down (pull out radio). I was
     considering installing a proximity alarm just to keep people from
     sitting in it, going through the glove, and the all dreaded, undoing
     the emergency break while on a hill. I'm always afraid some kid will
     do that...

     So, can anyone suggest a brand of alarm that can attatch to a
     proximity sensor? I don't really need any plungers, maybe one for the
     trunk. A pager would be nice so that I know when it has gone off.

     By the way... Saw a comment about degreeing a cam involving filing the
     keyway and shimming the key. There is such a thing as an offset key.
     If you need one, a bunch of people replied to my request for info on
     where to get 'em.

     Chris