Re: I'm baaack, MkII & tonneau bar

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Subject: Re: I'm baaack, MkII & tonneau bar
From: pwcs!phile@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 15:30:17 +0000 (BST)
Will Zehring writes >

> Regarding my search for a tonneau bar for the '63 B, Marcus writes:
>
> >I have a tonneau bar for the Midget....I think they are the same.

> Is this true?

I don't think so.

> I would guess that the B has a much wider cockpit than a Midget.

So would I.

> Does the bar 'stretch?'

No, the two pieces of a Midget tonneau bar (mine was a '66 with the
take-away top) fit together to make one specified length.

> Does the midget bar fit into the two
> chromed sleves at the attchment points for the top frame?

Yes, it fits into the sleeves which are alternatively used for the soft-top
(hood, for OFATP) tinker-toys.  Said sleeves are not chromed on a '66
Midget, as they are welded onto the monocoque.

Phil "I missed Bridget again when I priced a starter for Grace" Ethier