Re: Herald convertible in Yellowknife

To: mbrock@gov.lnt.ca
Subject: Re: Herald convertible in Yellowknife
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 1994 12:10:19 PDT
What's left on the Herald, i.e., was it outside to cause all the damage?
If it has a solid chassis frame underneath, it might be worth playing
with. Don't know about VB, but if you call TRF or Moss, they're likely to
tell you to call me, which is why I thought I'd reply to your post. If
you decide to spring for it, ask away and I'll help you where I can.
Commission/engine/body numbers would be helpful.

On other topics, I also once went through the dreaded choke-cables-shorting-
out-the-battery-on-a-GT6+. I was on a city street when I realized that
far TOO much smoke was entering the cockpit. I had just gotten the bonnet
raised and the resulting (small, fortunately) fire extinguished when an
officer from the Naval Recruting Center across the street came to my aid
with a fire extinguisher. He turned out to be an old high school
acquaintance and, as an officer and a gentleman, was kind enough not to
make too many snide remarks about the misfortune.

Surprisingly, the battery lasted some time after that, even with a hole
burned across the top of the casing. Meanwhile, in the cool autumn
weather, it was a bit harder to start the car in the morning without
chokes (unless I felt like getting out and working them by hand) until I
finally replaced what even then (c. 1975) a quite expensive cable. OUCH!

Andy Mace
Herald/Vitesse Consultant
Vintage Triumph Register

Hoags Corners, NY