TR7/8 Open Letter to Parts Venders

To: alt-binaries-pictures-misc@cs.utexas.edu, rec-autos-sport@cs.utexas.edu,
Subject: TR7/8 Open Letter to Parts Venders
From: Paul Negyesi <paul@ktud.elte.hu>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 10:49:56 +0100
List of contents of the ktud.elte.hu anonymous ftp site. Latest
update: 14th of September 1994.

General intro:
This site carrying pictures about limited edition cars, specialty
cars (kitcars, replicars, exotic sportscars etc.), radically
modified cars, coachbuilt production cars. I will store off-line
the JPGs in TIF format (whenever I could do...) so you can ask
for it.

The structure of the ftp site is as the following:
pub/pictures: the pix
* pub/pictures/vintage.racers: pre-WWII American racers (midgets
etc.) (this is currently under uploading)

pub/txt: the descriptions of the pictures
pub/viewers: some picture-viewer
pub/faqs: picture-related faqs
pub/incoming: the uploaded things.

If you want to upload just ftp to ktud.elte.hu login: anonymous
password: e-mail address, cd incoming and you can upload.
  Please upload some description of the car as detailed as it is
possible! (History, technical specifications, etc.). If you think
you have an interesting car but you don't have a scanner please
drop me a line (ya know Paul@ktud.elte.hu) and we will discuss
it and if it's worth I'd be happy to scan it.

All the copyright problems will be sent back to the uploader. We
can't be responsible for any (c) problems!
This site is NOT:
1. A general picture site. (No sex, garfield, etc. junk
pictures!!!!)
2.  I'm not interested in pictures scanned from books,
brochures, etc.
  I'm tryin' to avoid that kinda pix...

We'll try to keep up-to-date things like QPEG, JPG FAQ and such.

And maybe there will be a FAQ of cars-related stuff on the net
(mailing lists, WWWs, pic-sites etc.) (it's under construction
now).

As it was previously stated: this site is experimental. The .txt
files which  belong to various pictures are under development,
they will contain more info from time to time.

Thanx for reading this and we'd be very happy to hear your comments,

                                                  Paul Negyesi
                                               paul@ktud.elte.hu
                                  (and his brother: ChX)

                  The pictures
(the .jpg files can found under the pub/pictures directory, the
.txt files
can found under the pub/txt directory).

59hearse.jpg
60hearse.gif : Hearse cars.

AC Schnitzer S3 3.0 Compact (ac_s3.jpg, ac_s3_1.jpg; ac_s3.txt):
  Modified BMW 3 Compact.

AC Schnitzer S3 Sport (ac_s3spo.jpg; ac_s3spo.txt)
  Modified BMW M3 Berlina

BRABUS-Mercedes New S (bra_s.jpg, bra_s1.jpg, bra_s.txt)
   A tuned version of the updated Mercedes S-class.

CC Zero (zero1,2,3.jpg, zero.txt)
   A small Fiat 126 based kitcar from England.

DuoPower:
  Afghan (afghan.jpg, afghan1.jpg; afghan.txt)
    An one-off sportscar from a Californian designstudio
  Gilamonster (gila.jpg; gila.txt)
    Another one-off sportscar from them.
  Pandora (pandora.jpg)
    A small-series car based on the Mercedes 190 from them.

Fejer Mirage (fejer1,2,3.jpg)
   Ferrari replicas from Canada.

Geiger Camaro Cabrio (geiger.jpg; geiger.txt)
   Modified Chevrolet Camaro Cabrio

GFG Elisar (elisar1,2,3.jpg, elisar.txt)
   A German neo-classic based on Mercedes.

Gibbon Packard Roadster (gibbon1,2,3,4,5,6.jpg; gibbon.txt)
   An American company who has an interest in hot-rods offering
   this replica of the 1933/34 Packard Roadster and coupe.

Hormann Punto Cabriolet (puntocab.jpg; puntocab.txt)
   Transformed Fiat Punto Cabrio.

Hotzenblitz El Sport (hbz_el.jpg and hbz_el1.jpg, hbz_el.txt)
   This is a German small city and shopping car.

Marcos (marcos1,2,3,4.jpg; marcos.txt)
   Marcos is a well-known British specialty car company. The
   pictures show the current lineup of the firm.

Mercedes 500K replica (500k.jpg, 500k-1.jpg; 500k.txt)
   A custom made replica from California.

Predator Performance D-type replica (pred_d1,2,3,4.jpg,
 pred_d.txt)
   This is a Jaguar D-type replica from Florida.

Prototypes Research and Development Classic 55 (Class_55.jpg;
  class_55.txt)
   This is a replica of a 1955 Chevy from a Canadian company.

Talon (talon.jpg; talon.txt)
   A VW Beetle based kit from America, made between 1972-1984.