RHD Fun

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RHD Fun
From: Bwfox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 94 20:46:06 EDT
Read with some amusement the stories of people driving RHD cars on this side
of the pond.  Many years ago a very good friend of mine and I were going to a
car show in his 1937 Aston Martin Ulster
(FLR707).  As a station wagon approached from the other direction, he yelled
"Throw both of your hands up in the air and wave!"  Of course I did, and
proceeded to watch the wagon head for the ditch at the prospect of a car
heading in its direction with the drivers (so they assumed) hands up in the
air.  I assume that is the standard trick all RHD car owners play on us
'Muricans.

Re the Messerschmitt looking like it came from an aircraft manufacturer, find
any book about WW II, look up Messerschmitt in the index and become
enlightened.  From what I understand, the ME109 was one of the best and most
respected fighter planes of that era.  The company survives today as part of
a conglomerate, MBB, Messerschmitt-Blokow-Blohm  (sp?).

Cheers,
Barry W. Fox     bwfox@aol.com      65 TR4A   CT51681L