Re: Tripumph GT6+

To: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: Tripumph GT6+
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 1994 10:54:25 -0600
Larry sez:

  The Triumph GT6 grew out of the LeMans Spitfires of the early '60s. They put
  in the Vitesse 2-liter 6-cylinder engine and used the LeMans Spitfire body.
  It's a fastback, and, in my humble opinion, one of the most beautiful cars
  ever made.

Not quite.  The fastback from the GT6 prototypes was used as a model for
the the LeMans Spits, not the other way 'round.  And $1,000 is 2.5 times what
I am paying for one that I'll be picking up later today.  But to be honest,
given the body rot on this one, chances are it will only be a parts car.
So it goes.

mjb.

    Send submissions to british-cars@autox.team.net
    Send address changes to british-cars-request@autox.team.net

    Articles sent to the british-cars-request address and address
    changes sent to the whole list will be tossed into the bit bucket.