Lift a Dot/ Paint

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lift a Dot/ Paint
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 16:39:30 -0400 (EDT)
I'm a bit behind on mail, so  I'm sorry if this has been said:

The fasteners for the tonneau on my 3000 III (different interior though)
thred into little fasteners in the padded dash. The studs have a longer
post and no nut - they go into a special female fitting.
-----------------
Paint peeling from different paints (lacquer over enamel being the worst
because of the powerful solvents in lacquer) can be avoided without going
to bare metal. You spare the car one hour before the painting (or a good
week after that if more than one hour) with a product called SEALER.
Dupont uses it  and it;s very good. Creates a barrier in effect, but it
is a little expensive. One quart was forty bucks Canadian I think. (so
that's about three thousand US ... just kidding!)
That will solve these problems and leave you with a nice grwy dull coat
to start on.

Hope this helps. Sorry it's late - I've been standing in a barn for three
years.  ;-)

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
'75 Spitfire 1500            '64 Healey 3000 Mk. III
                   '59 TR3A
With your Chrome heart shining in the sun,
long may you run. - Neil Young