5th Annual British Cars Survey Results

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 5th Annual British Cars Survey Results
From: "Robb Pryor" <robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 12:35:42 -0700
The results of the 5th Annual British-Cars Mailing List Survey(TM) are ready
for review.  They have been FTP'd to //triumph.cs.utah.edu/pub/sol/  As I stated
before, I will take corrections for the next week.

To summarize the results, a few numbers, note these are for the british cars
mostly.  150 people responded, with 326 british cars and 402 cars total.

1. Break down by make and model:

 2 AC Cobras
  8 Austins
    1 A-40 Sports
    7 Mini and Cooper derivatives
 28 Austin-Healeys
     9 Big Healeys
    19 Sprites
  1 Bentley
  1 Ginetta
 13 Jaguars
    1 XK120
    4 E-Types
    8 Saloons
  3 Jensen-Healeys
 13 Land Rovers
  5 Lotus
 93 MGs
    14 MGAs
    33 MGBs
    15 MGB-GTs
    22 Midgets
     1 PA Midgets
     1 TCs
     3 TDs
     1 TFs
     2 ZB Magnettes
     1 MG TD based  Hillclimb Special
  2 Mazda Miatas
  2 Morris Minors
  1 Peerless GT
  1 Reliant Scimitar
  2 Rileys
  3 Rovers
  6 Sunbeams
    5 Alpines
    1 Tiger
  1 Swallow Doretti
  4 TVRs
135 Triumphs
    12 Saloons
    11 GT6s
     1 Herald
     1 Mayflower
     1 STAG
    26 Spitfires
     1 Super Seven Deluxe
     6 TR-2s
     1 TR-250
    19 TR-3(A/B)s
    21 TR-4s
    26 TR-6s
     7 TR-7s
     2 TR-8s
  1 Wolseley

The number of respondants is about the same as last year.  Most of the entries
continue to be MGs and Triumphs.

2. Kevin Spooner's collection was the largest at 24 cars of all kinds and 17
   of the british variety, all Triumphs.

3  I still find Roger Garnet's list the most unusual with 15 cars, 14 of
   which were british, mainly MGs.

4. The oldest car is the '29 Triumph Super Seven Deluxe belonging to Kevin
   Spooner.
_____________               _____________ Robb Pryor, Silicon Graphics,
  \__________               __________/   Mountain View, CA 94039
    \________ AUSTIN-HEALEY ________/     VOICE:(415) 390-1230