Zenith Strombergs vs. Webers

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith Strombergs vs. Webers
From: dalfano@redjac.dnet.ge.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 94 10:45:22 EDT
Hi Folks...

I own a '74 TR6 with stock carbs.  I have rebuilt them, but they still don't
perform the way I would expect.  If they are dialed in to idle good, then they
are too lean at highway speeds. Anybody else find the same to be true? And are
Webers worthwhile?  I've heard what seems to be more -'s than +'s.

I have just built the engine, never been fired up. Bored .030 over, crank cut
.010, motor balanced (crank, pistons and rods, flywheel, and balancer), cam
reground, external rocker feed, and spin-on oil filter.  In the process of
sandblasting and repainting the engine compartment.  Any advice?

Don...