got her going

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: got her going
From: Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 14:00:56 -0500
Got the Midget fired up last night...a  bit of a scare at first when we thought
the dizzy was 180 off, but it was ok. The carbs are totally out of wack
however (they are my nice shiny new ones from Burlin fuel systems),
and it's going to be a bit of a job getting 'em right.....trying to get
it to idlefor long enough so I can adjust them is the tough part!

The fuel pumpalso gave up the ghost (this is the crappy aftermarket spare I had)
so we got the SU one out of the junk pile, cleaned the points, and it worked!
I've ordered some new points for it. Apart from that, I have to put the
front left brake pad spring retainer thingy back in, bleed the brakes and I
should be ready to go!! At last, no convertable has been killing me for the past
6 weeks!!

Marcus