Sewing Machines - again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sewing Machines - again
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 14:25:07 +0000 ()
Well only half of my sewing machine story made the digest I got, and it
read as if I was having an affair ! (and telling all of Internet land)

So, sorry to be repeating things but the story is that, having bought a
very nice sewing machine for Darlene, as we have all discussed at length,
I come home to learn that one of our neighbors is selling their house and
moving due to an extra-curricular activity being discovered by "the wife".

Mr. Lucky here - one Chris Ball - comes home this very same day with a
six hundred dollar gift, and it's not a birthday, anniversary or ANYTHING.
The female mind being what is sometimes is, I am now under close
survellance 24 hours a day, as a man who obviously has "DONE SOMETHING".

So, it does not always work guys. DO NOT bring home a dozen flowers for
"no reason, just because I love you". (Unless you've been doing this all
along, in which case don't stop)

Chris "oh, oh, don't start now" Ball

POST SCRIPT

Thinking back I should have known better. Whe n we were dating I filled
her aprtment with flowerd once, to welcome her back from a conference
she'd been away at. She got home, saw the flowers and started to cry. She
KNEW that the note would say "I've met someone else while you were gone.
Good bye"

Anyway, we sorted it out later that day when I went over.