67 Sprite (Mk 3) for sale, $1200

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 67 Sprite (Mk 3) for sale, $1200
From: Hans.Huber@Eng.Sun.COM (Hans Huber)
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 11:14:22 -0700
the time has come for me to part with Peace.  she's been languishing
in my care for the last year and a half or so, and now i'm getting
ready to move, so she's gotta go.  besides, the bugeye now runs, and
has been christened both the danger sled and the coolest car in the
world.  here's a copy of the post.

oh yea, i'm in San Jose, CA.

Austin-Healey Sprite for Sale, $1200:

        Mk. 3 (1098cc, roadster top, i'd call it a '66, but the title says '67).

        wire wheels (love 'em or hate 'em)
        engine rebuilt in (85? i think), i have the reciepts
        all new ignition parts (points/plugs/wires/coil/cap/rotor/condesor)
        red paint (apparently original) very faded, down to the primer in spots.
        servicable top (battered, but not tattered)
        fair interior (cheap grey terry seat covers, older carpets)
        body decent, no rust apparent, minor dents.
        brakes good, i replaced the rears last year.

problems:
        front end is a bit loose, i'm not sure what needs to be replaced.
                it probably needs a complete rebuild, like most of them.
        front tires are toast .
        jumps out of second sometimes on overrun.  not too obnoxious,
                and i also have a rebuilt trans available.
        starter is hard to engage sometimes (ringgear or starter pinion gear)
        vibration on overrun at speed.  probably u-joints.

        not currently registered.

        i could never get the idle low enough to attempt smog.. my guess is
        that the carbs are just too worn out.  i've got a spare set of
        carbs i'll throw in, but i never got around to putting them on.

        now i've got the bugeye running and i'm moving, so it doesn't look
        like i'm going to lavish any more attention on this one.