powder coating front suspension parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: powder coating front suspension parts
From: Paul Amaranth <amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 07:50:37 -0400 (EDT)
I need a little advice.

I'm rebuilding the front suspension on my TR8.  Since I'm going to all
the trouble of taking the blasted thing apart, I thought I'd pretty it
up by getting all of the pieces powder coated.  Now for the question:
The lower suspension piece carries the lower ball joint.  Should I
leave the old ball joint in while I get it coated? Or should I get it
pressed out first and have the hole masked?  The only problem I can
think of with the latter is that there's a circlip groove on the other
end of the ball joint and, depending on the thickness of the coating,
the joint may not seat well enough to put the clip on afterwards.

As a helpful note, JC Whitney sell a fulcrum type tie rod remover tool
for around $14.  Worked great.
--
Paul Amaranth  Manager User Services - office: (313) 370 4541 (also voicemail)
(internet)     amaranth@vela.acs.oakland.edu  |Best error message that wasn't