Re: British Cars Digest #1223 Mon May 23 13:25:53 MDT 1994

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #1223 Mon May 23 13:25:53 MDT 1994
From: Simon.Matthews@tiuk.ti.com
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 11:04:01 BST
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 09:41:03 EDT
> From: cusack@gumby.msd.ray.com
> Subject: Turn/Park lights on M.G. B
>
> HELP!
> I am trying to determine what orientation the turn signal lights take
> on an M.G. B.  I am converting my rubber bumber car to a rally style
> car, and will be afixing the chrome bumper lights to the fenders.  This
> required cutting away at the fenders, so it has to be right the first
> time.  But does the short side of the lens go towards the grille or
> the outside of the fender???  I have seen them both ways in all of the
> parts books, even my M.G. book by Ian Penberthy is giving me mixed
> signals.  Are there any purists out there who can help?
> Also, I have the amber and white combination, but what color is for
> parking, and what color is for signals?
>
> Thanks!

I will have to look at mine for orientation, but as for colours -- white is
for parking lights (we call them sidelights) and amber is for indicators (turn
signals).  Might also get a hint on orientation from the photos in the Haynes
manual.

Regards,
       Simon Matthews

(Former (13 years ago) employee of the POD!)