RE: Sights to see?

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: RE: Sights to see?
From: MILLIGANC@aspen.uml.edu
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 12:38:45 EDT
        Try to hit the Owl's Head Transportation Mueseum, in Owl's Head, Maine.
It's a working mueseum(no I Kan't spell!), which means what you see- runs.
they fly the airplanes and run the cars & bikes.  This year is the Annual Ralley
and air show is the FIRST week end in August.  It's usually the 2nd.  That's
the 6th and 7th for those w/o a calender.  And if you show up in an antique car,
your admission is free(at least the driver, if I remember corectly)!
        I STRONGLY recomend it!  If your thinking of going and plan to spend
the weekend, MAKE RESERVATIONS SOON!! Just about all the motels in the area
fill up for this event.  the great part is that most people drive their cars
to the show as their ONLY SOURCE OF TRANSPORTATION!  I can almost garentee that
there will be at least one old car in the motel you stay at.  We ran our 1950
Riley roadster up for every ralley from 1974 (when they started) to about 1986,
when my brother was to big to sit on mum's lap.  We now trailer up our '33 Riley
but only because there is no space in it for luggage.
        I'll be up there and would enjoy meeting other sol-ers.  We'll be the
only ones up there with a Riley March Special, though there may be an Imp as
well, and mabey a Brooklands.  Hope to some can make it, it's well worth the
trip!!
                        Good evening, and Good Sprite!

                                        Kilroy
PS: If any one wants further info, please Email me direct as I am off the list
and can only check my mail occasionaly.