Pre-War Cars

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Pre-War Cars
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 16:03:23 +0000 ()
Understandably I only got two replies on the Pre-war Bentley posting and
the gist of it is that my current salary might cover it if:

a) I had no mortgage
b) I had no kids
c) I gave up eating
d) I never bought any more clothes

With only these four things in my way I've decided to forge ahead (any of
us would do the same.!) However, so that I won't have to add

e) I have no wife

I'm thinking of maybe checking into some of the lessor marques too. I see
that there are too old TRiumphs owners on the list (I have NEVER seen a
real Super 7) and I'm sure that there must be others with similar cars.

What, in terms of parts and drivability  is the general pre-war car
situation, or does it vary wildly from make to make ?

Are there some old beast for whom the parts situation is really quite good?

Chris