Parts Finding

To: BRITISH CARS <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Finding
From: Marguerite Sveinson <msveinsn@minet.gov.mb.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 21:28:03 -0500 (CDT)
My life with British Cars started with a1953 Morris Minor MM.
I steadfastly refused to pay the exorbitant prices demanded by
the local dealer. Ipestered a lot of other car parts people
to help me find substitute parts whenever possible. One of the
kindly patient parts people suggested to me that I start a log
book and write into it all the part numbers that I found.
I took this kindly mans advice and did just that. Sadly the old
Morris had to be given a Viking funeral {fire but no boat on
the water} but I did retain the log book {sadly misplaced now}.
For every subsequent foriegn car that I owned I had a log book.
I could at one time tell the part # of the rear shocks on my
TR4 in Monroe Gabriel, Armstrong {the after market Armstrong}
Koni Etc. When I sold these cars the log went with it much
to the delight of the new owner. Ihope my old warrior's tale
wasn't too boring, and who knows it may inspire.

T.T.F.N
ROBERT