A-40 sports and hydrolastic on minis

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: A-40 sports and hydrolastic on minis
From: igeta@ars.ntt.jp (Kazuhiro IGETA)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 11:00:14 +0900
   Date: Mon, 21 Mar 94 09:51:21 EST
   From: malcolm956@aol.com
   Subject: A-40

   The first car I ever owned was a 1951 (I think) Austin A-40,
   Austin-of-England engined 4 door, sun roof, BRG, with some of the worst
   steering ever put on a car -it would freeze as you approached full lock.

There was aluminum bodied derivative at the time.
The open air A40 sport coach worked by Jensen was apperently
aimed for US market. Aren't they found easily today?

   >RE: austin america...use so many mini parts...tool for re-pressurizing the
   >hydrolastic suspension...contact your local mini club to find out
   >who has a simil
   ar tool

   Mini's never had a hydrolastic suspension, did they?  I thought mini's were
   just rubber and Magnettes & Austin 1000's, etc. had Hydro.

I do not know about Magnettes but I believe ADO16 series are the first
realization of the Alex Molton's patent.
ADO15s including minis were applied this mechanism later but only
for a short period. It may cost too much for the bottom end priced cars.

I love hydrolastic suspension.

Kazuhiro IGETA
NTT BRL