Parts Book on CD-Rom, any interest?

To: bluebirds@lachman.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Parts Book on CD-Rom, any interest?
From: walter@roadster.sps.mot.com ( thomas walter x5955)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 10:09:29 CST
I mentioned the PowerPC the other day, and that I was rather
impressed after attending a demo (on the roadster net).

With Ean a discussion about digitizing the  roadster parts book
came up.  Scan the parts book, cleaning up errors (I know of SOME
of the typos, but not nearly all). The final  output being put
onto a CD-Rom.

My question is: If a CD-Rom of the Roadster parts book was offered
at $40.00 would anyone be interested?

ALSO to include the Datsun 510's ('68-'73) if there is enough
space (660MB). This will help defry the cost over a wider base.

While it would be tempting to "add" other information, there is a
problem of copyrights. The feedback I have gotten from Nissan is
they aren't worried about reproductions of the older Datsuns books,
just need a disclaimer about the part numbers. :-)

This is just the thinking process for the time being,
but I am curious to see what response is.  Personally I like
the idea of having the scanned diagrams to refer to, or
have the CD-Rom pop up in a window, and "cut and paste" the list
of parts I need to finish up a certain job.

Feedback, please.  Just drop me a note, at the email address
below.

Cheers,

Tom Walter
walter@roadster.sps.mot.com
Austin, TX.

P.S. In regard to the PowerPC 'AV' models, you can input & output
to a video recorder. It is possible to use a cam corder, grab the
frame, filter and gray scale it, and stuff it into a text!  May
be a little grainy, but for a small photo insert wouldn't be
noticeable. NEAT! [This can be done also with PC's and Mac 'AV'
models].