Re: TR3A stearing

To: POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU, British-Cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A stearing
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 94 13:47:04 -0800
In message  <03MAR94.12483804.0020.MUSIC@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
"POCHE@music.loyno.edu" writes:
> SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(TR3A stearing) File(MAR03945.oma)
> BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 03-03-1994 .. 09:35:33
> >
> >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 94 08:35:14 -0800
> >From: "TeriAnn Wakeman"  <twakeman@apple.com>
> >Subject: Re: TR-3 Stearing
> >

> TeriAnn:
> In regard to your post about stearing gear problems.
> I wish I could help more but my stearing is in horrible shape.
> (bad idler, hard to move stearing box, etc.)
>
> One note though, the service manual I have goes into some
> great detail about getting the alignment correct on
> the column. They mention a test, you disconnect the
> bracket from the stearing col. to the battery box
> (under the dash) and if the top of the column moves
> more than 3/4" then you must go back and readjust the
> mounting of the gearbox.
>
> If you like I could transpose that from the manual
> and email it to you.
>

> ..----------------------------------------------------------------------
>  ! Louis A. Poche'                 !  Chief Engineer                 !
>  ! Internet: POCHE@music.loyno.edu !  Loyola University              !
>  ! CompuServe:   73007,1521        !  Department ofCommunications    !
>  ! Amateur Radio: KD5XE            !  6363 St. Charles Ave.          !
>  ! Voice Phone: (504) 865-3636     !  Box 201                        !
>  ! FAX:         (504) 86?-2666     !  New Orleans, LA 70118          !
> ..----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The above ranting is my own opinion  and is no way to be construed to be
> in any way the sentiments, ideologies, or credos of my lovable employer!

I have the manual, thanks though.  I'm going to be very careful about alignment
when the steering column goes back in.  Right now its the least of my steering
woes.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561