Re: Bugeye Grill and Manual

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (britcars)
Subject: Re: Bugeye Grill and Manual
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 16:33:43 -0500
>From: toms@sharebase.com (Tom Sabo)
>Ack... Did I miss something?  What is pozi-drive?

Let me!

Let's see. PosiDriv looks like Phillips and tastes like Phillips, but
the cross is shallower. This means that you can only get the very tip
of a good Phillips screwdriver into a PosiDriv screw, and this tends to
mangle the screw in a hurry (just ask my motorcycle). To prevent this,
you can wave money (lots) at the Snap On man, file off your good Phillips
drivers, or, of all things, use cheap Phillips screwdrivers. Cheap
Phillips screwdrivers aren't very pointy, and tend to fit PosiDriv
screws pretty well.

Jody "don't you wish they used Roberston screws on cars" Levine

jlevine@rd.hydro.on.ca - Toronto - '79 TR7 with no two fasteners the same