Re: Sub-Harnesses and Hardware

To: andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Sub-Harnesses and Hardware
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 08:07:14 -0800
In message <F0E69B380105AED1@mhsgate.salem.ge.com> Andrews Peter F writes:
> George,
>
>     I gave British Wiring a call and found them very helpful.  The braid
> harness to the dimmer switch is only $11 vs $25 at VB, the headlamp
> pigtails were the same at $10 apiece.  Turns out that PVC is original on
> the later Bugeyes - only the earlier ones like my 59 had braid.
>
>     Wish I had gotten the harnesses from them to start with.  My harness
> from Moss is cloth over PVC which looks ok but is not what the car came
> with.  They have the real cloth covered  wire with braid harness at only
> a little more.  Oh well.
>
>     They don't accept credit cards but don't charge for shipping either.
> I'll take that tradeoff.  They also sell various grommets and connectors
> so I'm waiting for a catalog before ordering.
>
>     Lesley says they are in business to front for the best harness maker
> in Britian.  She certainly was pleasant to talk to...
>
> Pete
>
> Pete Andrews                    1959 AH Sprite Mk1  AN5L/18575
> andrews_pf@salem.ge.com         1961 AH Sprite MK1  AN5L/44591

If British Wiring's phone & address came through while I wasn't looking, could
someone please resend it?  With a glowing recomendation like that I would like
to check them out.

On the subharness front, I was going to build up the subharness that goes from
my TR3 main harness to the brake lamp switch last night.  That is until I took a
close look at it.  It looks like they used shrink tubing on this subharnes (??)

It has the correct wires and fittings but the black vinal tubing over the
wiresis a very tight fit.  The harness is 12 inches long and the vinal tubing is
7-1/2 inches long starting 2 inches away from the spade connectors that connect
to the brake lamp switch.  Everything looks original.  Hmmm???

I thought before I renew all my subharnesses I would document my old ones.
There dosn't seem to be a lot of info floating around about subharnesses.

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561