MGB HEADS

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB HEADS
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 08:51:00 -0500
All this talk of cracked MGB heads makes my head ache.
I have an early '74 BGT. I find a black ooze around
the number three spark plug and sort of sprayed onto
the dizzy and wires. Is this indicative of a cracked
head? At first, I thought there might be grit under
the sealing ring on the spark plug. But, no matter
how clean the plug is, the ooze reappears.

While "heading" this way, could anyone supply the
casting numbers for the head what has the larger
intake valves?

Pete Andrews, looking for a new Bugeye grille...I
see that you have two Bugs. Are they both without
a grille? I have a '59 that needs a grille and I
am not that particular about it being perfect.
(Anything is better than nothing if the price is
right.) So, Pete, would you be interested in selling
one of your grilles?

Alan