Re: rusty haze all 'round my car (MGA)

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Subject: Re: rusty haze all 'round my car (MGA)
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 07:04:27 -0500
++> In message <199402162020.PAA05650@rigel.engin.umich.edu> William Hartwell
++> Woodruff writes:

++>  BLAH BLAH BLAH

++> You are more trusting than I General Custer sir.  I don't put paint over an
++> rust colour.  The metal has to be shiney before I put paint on it.  If ther

++> TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that

        I guess, as TeriAnn is pointing out, I should make it clear that I
do not recommend painting over rusty metal.  You should take the time to
get it as clean as possible since this will give your new paint the best
chance of adhearing. I was trying to sound encouraging and supportive to
the original poster.  I do believe a chemical preperation will clean the
shell up as well as anything else will, but, of course, I haven't seen the
car.  Also, no matter how clean you get your car prior to painting, there
will be some oxidation on it - the trick is to have as little as possible.

--
William woodruff        woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu