RE: Bubble flares

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, andrewpf%geds@mhsgate.salem.ge.com
Subject: RE: Bubble flares
From: "GERONIMO, SC9-32, 765-4903, PAGE 231-6612" <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 11:09:44 PST
>A friend lent me a Snap-on double flare flaring tool.  Most of the brake
>lines have a "bubble" flare on them.  Is this flare simply the first step
>in the double flare operation?  Is there a special tool needed for
>bubbles?

There is special tooling to make bubble flares.  I needed some for my GT6 and
the local joint that makes custom hydraulic lines said not many places have
them.  I never checked into it further, most good auto parts stores sell bubble
flare brake lines w/ fittings in various lengths that you can bend yourself.
Use a good tubing bender (not one of those cheap coiled springy things) and you
can do a nice job.

Mike G.