paint color choices

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: paint color choices
From: Jon Mason Gougar Jr <gougar@csd4.csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 12:10:59 -0600 (CST)
  I've been trying to decide on a color for my BGT, and I can't seem
to make up my mind. The original color of my '73 was purple, I believe.
I have never seen a purple MGBGT, so I don't know if this is a good
color or not. I am interested in something a little different than
what is usually out on the road, but I don't want anything too
outlandish or stand-outish (remember those fluorescent red/orange
VW Scirocco's? NOT!!!). I was thinking of yellow, since my car is,
after all, a 'B', but yellow falls a little too far into the stand-outish
category for me, at least for a car like this. My first thought was silver,
to sort of go with all those neat chrome pieces, but then I saw a silver
B, and it just didn't do it for me. SO, any opinions about the purple
would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
   Regarding wheels, I saw a first generation Toyota Supra with some
very tasteful, yet sporty 14 or 15" alloy spoked wheels. I'm pretty
sure these would bolt to an MGB. Time to start combing the boneyards.