Re: 1340cc Ford engines in a G4

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1340cc Ford engines in a G4
From: tvrvixen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 20:52:53 EST
Re: 1340cc Ford engines in a Ginetta G4

   >>  The book mentioned above says not to try to increase the power of the
older
   >>   engines, get a later, larger motor first.  If you can find a Cortina
GT
   >>  1600 cc engine it  would be a lot easier path to more power.

>  That may be wise for the road use.
>  Kazuhiro Igeta  My another car is Super Seven, too!
>  NTT BRL

The Ginetta G4 was built with the Ford 1200, 1340, 1500cc, Cortina 1500 GT
and Cortina 1600 GT engines. Wouldn't it also make sense to use the 1600 GT
for vintage racing? Especially since 1600cc motors are so much more
available,
and so much stronger? I have 2 spare 1600 GT motors for my TVR, I bought them

(with transmissions) for $25 a piece.

Of course, one can always find another 1340 after the original
blows up, eh?

Don Davis