Re: Defending Lotus

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Defending Lotus
From: MULLENT@YMV5.YMP.GOV
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 15:08:43 -0800 (PST)
In the (seemingly) never ending exchange between Ray and Tim, Ray
last added (in addition to comments about wives and girlfriends):

>Way to go, Lotus.  I just love the idea of screaming through a peaceful
>suburban neighborhood in a 3 cylinder Toysubishonda Commutakazi (at a safe
>30 mph) making noises like a Can-Am Camero with a 12:1 rear axle ratio.

That's the idea of the system; the people in their front yards (and
your local friendly speed control officers) think you are sedately
and safely driving thru; while you and your passengers know that you're
REALLY going flat-out through the S-turns at your local F1 track...

But enough of this thread,  *I* want to hear the REAL sounds of my LBC...
Now, if I can only get the stupid Strombergs jetted right... And the
snow melts...  And I replace the water pump on the H****... And rebuild the
clutch master cylinder (Gerling) on the Jeep... And paint the house, and...

Tim Mullen    mullent@ymv5.ymp.gov
72 Elan Sprint    For the few who know the difference...   :-)