Lotus noise cancellation, etc.

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Lotus noise cancellation, etc.
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 15:45:09 -0500 (EST)
Ray Gibbons (who is I) wrote stuff about how Lotus should have introduced
new and better noises after canceling old ones, plus:

> >I have been known to make appropriate engine-like sounds vocally when
> >downshifting my H**** Prelude, but only when alone in the car.
>
> >Ray Gibbons

Tim Mullin responded, saying:

> Oh, yea...  My kids hate it when I make "racy car sounds" while driving
> my H**** Accord around...   My wife just wonders why she married me...

My wife wondered why she married me, whether or not I made engine noises.
Now I only do it when alone in the car so my girlfriend won't wonder why
my wife married me.

and Tim continued thusly:

> Lotus' system then added it's own driver selectable "noise"; sports
> car,  thundering American V8, race engine, etc. to the generated

Way to go, Lotus.  I just love the idea of screaming through a peaceful
suburban neighborhood in a 3 cylinder Toysubishonda Commutakazi (at a safe
30 mph) making noises like a Can-Am Camero with a 12:1 rear axle ratio.

Ray Gibbons (Rmmmm, rmmmm, rubabababa, rmmmm, rmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMM!)