Hello and Q & A

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello and Q & A
From: creemer@netcom.com (David Z. Creemer)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 18:36:36 -0800
>  Date: Thu, 25 Nov 93 23:51:49 EST
>  From: ronp100386@aol.com
>  Subject: Mail Submission
>
>  Hi. I'm new here, so bear with me. I'm currently restoring a '76 Triumph
>  Spitfire. One piece of equipment that I've been looking for and cant seem to
>  find is the boot cover for the soft top when it's down. Does anyone know
>  where to obtain one or which years and models used the same boot cover? I
>  have a boot cover from a 78 that doesn't fit. Also. I can't seem to find an
>  original replacement dash either, just overlays. Should I simply redo my
>  split dash?
>
>  Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly apprectiated.

Victoria British Sells a Convertible top boot for $149.95 that claims to fit
71-80 Spitfires. As for the dash, I recall an add in British Car magazine from
a company that makes custom wood dashes for Spitfires (among other things).
While I'm at it, the FAQ for the list said I was supposed to introduce myself.
Fine. I'm fixing up a 1974 Spitfire 1500, and I have a question about getting
my car painted. What is a fair price to pay for a good job? and where in the
Bay Area should I get it done? Near my office, "Cologne" Auto Body, which was
filled with Lotus's (Loti?) and Ferarris guestimated $3k for a complete strip
and paint. This cars last paint job cost $300! I'd like to go for something in
between. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,
-- David

David Z. Creemer   ||   San Francisco, California USA  ||   creemer@netcom.com