Re: 3M Stripper

To: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Subject: Re: 3M Stripper
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 93 8:11:46 PST
> important with two very young children.  As Roland mentioned, the pads are a
> big plus.  They do rinse out well and we have used the pads a number of
>times.
> Another advantage of the pads is that they do not shed/shred like steel wool
> does.  My only complaint is that I use a lot of pads, we have a lot of wood
> work to refinish.  I have not found a supply for pads in bulk.  This might
>not

And I should have mentioned that the pads cost a lot more than steel
wool which may be an issue to some.  However, they last longer and I
suspect one package is about enough to do one smallish car.  Even
if that's not true, it's worth the extra money IMO.

The 3M stripper does have a down side when used to strip auto paint.
Since it's water based it can cause rust if it's left on for long
periods.  Of course that's not a problem with aluminum.

Roland