New AC Ace in production

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New AC Ace in production
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 15:13:57 -0800
The November issue of the AC Owners Club newsletter claims that AC
Autokraft has officially kickoff production of it's new AC Ace.  Well,
at least I think it's the November newsletter.  The cover actually says
October, but I already had an October issue, which is different from
this one.

If anyone is interested in seeing what the new Ace looks like they can
download new_ace.gif from hoosier.  I scanned this from last year's club
Christmas card.  Kinda of nice looking, I think.

Unfortunately the newsletter didn't give any details other than that it
will be in the "luxury" class.  I'm not sure what that means, but ACs
have traditionally been in the higher end of the market.  In the 50s and
60s the Ace was comparable a Jaguars in price.

The car is a traditional 2-seat drop-head sports car.  I do have a
smattering of information around somewhere from a newsletter of several
months ago.  At that time the plan was to market two versions, one for
the US market powered by a Ford V6 coupled to a Ford 5-speed and one for
the European (or perhaps just UK) market with an all British drivetain.
If anyone is interested in more detail, I'll see what I can find.  Maybe
the the next issue of BRITISH CAR magazine will have something.

Roland