Re > Anti-Roll Bars

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re > Anti-Roll Bars
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 22 Nov 1993 15:26:50 +0400
                      Re > Anti-Roll Bars
> From: Dennis <IEDXW%ASUACAD.BITNET@pucc.Princeton.EDU>

> Ok folks, which brand of anti-roll bars
> have you replaced the original one
> with to get more control?  And which
> do you recomend?

  I got an aftermarket sway bar for my '72 Midget from Vic. British --
It appears to be simply an ADDCO bar (which means I could have saved
some $$$ by getting it from JC Whitney).  It did not include new end
links, so I have to use the old ones.  I agree they're pretty sorry,
but the end link mounting holes are horizontal so I can't just get some
other end link and stick it in.  Of course, on the MIdget the A-Arm
mounting holes are also horizontal (and rotated 90 degrees in the
horizontal plane from the ones on the sway bar - Spridget owners will
know what I mean) so it's doubly difficult to use some other end link
to stiffen things up.  If you come up with a good solution, let me
know.

> PS Why are most parts here in the US so spendy??  I was looking
> at a copyof MG enthusiast and:
> All this is for a 77 Midget
> PART                       UK Price       US Price
> Front shock (recon)        $20            $60 (from Apple hydrolics)
> Front brake rotor          $18            $29 (Vicky Brit)
> Kingpin rebuild kit        $25            $59 (  "    "   )  or
thereabouts.

> The etc etc list is VERY LONG.

Are you sure the UK prices are in dollars and not pounds?  Those
are some significant differences.